Minnesota Farmers' Market Association
Our Mission Statement...offering services and programs that support and promote Minnesota farmers’ markets.
Friends Come Together
In March of 1998, twenty farmers' market members from fifteen established Minnesota farmers' markets throughout Minnesota gathered to discuss issues that were important to local markets. It was decided that we would benefit from establishing a formal network or organization that could represent Minnesota farmers' markets as a focused voice and assist in growing and establishing local farmers' markets.
There are many farmers’ market entities (and more forming) servicing farmers, growers and producers throughout Minnesota that can benefit by networking to:
- Effect Federal/State/Local Government regulations regarding:
- Food Processing
- Product Labeling
- Local Merchant Ordinances
- Focus marketing through Minnesota Grown promotions
- Co-op purchasing of market and vendor liability insurance
- Co-op purchasing of promotional advertisements and materials
- Connect farmers and growers with local market entities
- Promote and support acceptance of food assistance benefits such as SNAP, WIC, & FMNP
- Share educational resources and conduct seminars on the varied facets of farmers' markets such as marketing, vendor procurement, food safety, liability, market management concerns, customer service, etc.
After brainstorming on the benefits of a unified farm market organization, several market members decided to establish the Minnesota Farmers' Market Association. The Minnesota Farmers' Market Association (MFMA) is now a statewide non-profit organization serving these needs!