Find a Recipe!
MFMA's Featured Farmers' Market:
ONAMIA AREA FARMERS MARKET:
Next to Soo Line Trail
Junction of Hwy 169 and Hwy 27
Onamia, MN 56359
Fridays: 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
The Onamia Area Farmers' Market supports the health and well-being of the Mille Lacs area by providing fresh, nutritious, sustainably grown foods and hand-made crafts!
Click HERE to visit them on Facebook!
The Minnesota Farmers' Market Association (MFMA) is a non-profit, membership-based organization dedicated to supporting the growth and development of farmers' markets across the state of Minnesota.
What is a Farmers' Market?
• Freshness • Flavor
• Nutrition • Quality
• Knowing Where Your Food Is Grown and Who is Growing It!
Farmers' markets are an opportunity for the public to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, and food products directly from farmers, growers, or producers. Locally grown products are picked fresh and brought straight to the market and sold by the growers themselves. If you want to know where your food is grown, how it is grown, and who grows it, visit your local farmers' market today!
Why Should Your Farmers' Market and Vendors Join the Minnesota Farmers' Market Association?
The MFMA was created by a group of Minnesota farmers' market representatives and farmers in order to present a unified voice in the growth and regulation of local farmers' markets. Pooling our resources, knowledge, and contacts allows us greater impact on local, state, and federal ordinances and regulations.
The MFMA has evolved into a state-wide non-profit organization working for the common good in terms of marketing, promotion, product labeling, program development, self-regulations and standards, market and vendor liability insurance, public education, and much more on behalf of our member markets and vendors.
If you are not yet a member (farmers market or vendor), please take time today to look at the information available on this website and complete your application process.
We invite you to talk with any of our board members to learn more about how the Minnesota Farmers' Market Association can help sustain and grow your local marketplace!
Bring a promotional item from your farmers' market to share at our March 21 Spring Conference -- and win a prize!
MFMA 2013 Spring Conference
MFMA's Spring Conference and Annual Meeting is Thursday, March 21, 2013 at the American Legion in Waite Park. 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Agenda includes:
- How much do you know about your customers? Results of the surveys conducted by Minnesota Grown with farmers' market customers across the state.
- Standing out in a crowded field -- harnessing social media for your farmers' market. Pankow and Millard from Bossy Acres will lead the discussion.
- Update on SNAP and Market Bucks at Minnesota farmers' markets. Find out how much money SNAP brings to a market AND what it costs to operate SNAP at a farmers' market.
- First viewing of MFMA's online Farmers' Market Ceritification Program.
- Update on food sampling at farmers' markets. Hand washing stands, NSF utensils, and more.
- Membership and insurance update.
- Crisis management at farmers' markets -- are you prepared?
Farmers Markets and Vendors, now is the time to sign up for MFMA's Insurance Program!
Join the SNAP Outreach Campaign! Read Full Details on MFMA News!
Wish to Connect Within the Farmers' Market Community? ...Visit Making Connections!
Are You an Industry-Related Supplier?
Submit your advertisement now to reach our members!
Farmers' Markets & SNAP!
The MFMA maintains a list of farmers’ markets accepting EBT/SNAP (Food Stamps) to advocate the purchase fresh, local foods. View Current List